Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Peep Show!


Greetings my loyal subjects!  (Don't mind my self-flattery, just a little validation to keep me getting out of bed in the AM)  I haven't had anything to bitch about lately and realized that I don't just have to write about grievances.  So, in current news...
I am 90% convinced that aliens have snatched my husband and replaced him with a replicant!  There is no other way to explain his drastic change in attitude and outlook! He is funny, goofy, sweet and treating me like his loving wife. (I'm pretty sure he hasn't picked up any new drug habits)  But, I  find myself on edge waiting for the  day the aliens realize what they got themselves into and send my original husband's ass hurtling back to earth!  I have been trying to relax and enjoy this new-found peaceful vibe, without worrying how long it will last.  I am hoping if I can just believe it, it will be permanent!  
In other news, I don't have to work next week!  Hallelujah, praise Odin!  A whole week to sleep past sunrise, drink a cup of tea in my jammies and enjoy the peace and quiet!  Except for the occasional freight train that blows through my backyard wailing on its horn, things are pretty mellow out here.
Don't have any plans for Easter.  We don't have kids and I am not what you would call the "religious type"  so I think we'll just be lazy and eat a box of Peeps!  Man, those things are gross, but it's tradition.
I am excited because it is Wednesday and that means Top Chef is on.  I am so glad they planned it to take the place of Project Runway because I would have had a hard time making it over Hump Day without it!
I won't bore you with anymore menial information, just wanted to check in and make sure you didn't forget about me!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the Peep show!

5 comments:

Kyddryn said...

I am being lazy and pasting something I wrote elsewhere. Please forgive...head full of something not my brain...

Have you ever had a Peeps joust? Take two peeps, put toothpicks in their beaks and set them facing each other on a plate you don't mind having to toss later. Make sure the toothpicks are close to the opposing Peeps. Microwave on High for ten minutes - no worries, you won't go that long. Watch the fun. Stop the microwave BEFORE they burst into flames. You can place bets on which Peep will "win" the joust by perforating the other, and how long it will take. Whee.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Mamma Schmoo said...

lol....fun with Peeps....can't wait to try it out!!! I may even try to recreate your pic just for fun! The crazy things I will do with my kid-free weekend.

Aunt Becky said...

Dude, did you make that Peeps scene? Because IF YOU DID, you are my hero.

Blondie said...

I can't take credit for the pic, although I would love to lie and say it was mine! But I did thoroughly enjoy it! And I am very anxious to hold my own medieval Peeps Jousting tournament! Do they make Black Peeps?

Anonymous said...

Again, someone beating up on the Peeps. I LOVE Peeps.

And the whole microwaving them to death? ~shudder~