Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Year Bites the Dust!



Cheers!  Happy Birthday to Me!
After being sick all last week, my birthday extravaganza has included a lunch at CPK (that's California Pizza Kitchen to the layman) and shopping with a gift card I received for Christmas.  I'm not complaining, I'm quite content with the lack of festivity. I would rather horde my money than blow it all on a party or force my friends to go to an over-priced dinner.  In these trying times I really feel it is best for everyone if we just let it go.  Besides, they can make it up to me on my 30th!  
It was actually an emotionally enlightening weekend.  In my previous post I alluded to some life-changing decisions that would coincide with my birthday, which I had forgotten about due to the incessant ringing in my ear and the flow of mucus pouring out of my nose and the infected sinus-induced haze (TMI, I know.)  I was going to make that, like, the longest run-on sentence ever, but I didn't have it in me.  Anyways, what was I talking about?  Oh yeah, life-changing yada- yada...  Without even realizing it, I let go of some major resentment I had been holding towards my husband.  One of the reasons I have been so worried about the success of our marriage was that I was mentally unable to release the anger and resentment I was feeling towards him.  I thought it was going to be one of those things that would perpetually hinder us from moving forward ( and more importantly, getting FREAAKY!)  I woke up on Saturday, it was like any other day, and went about my business.  You know, making the bed, having some tea, scrubbing the skidmarks off the carpet where my cat dragged his ass, typical Saturday morning.  Only this Saturday when my husband went out to clean our fish pond, I actually wanted to go sit outside with him.  I know I talk a lot of shit, and I mean most of it, but in my heart I really love the guy and I know he loves me.  I don't know if the virus affected my brain somehow, but for the first time in about a year, I really enjoyed his company.  We spent the day relaxing, went to dinner and a movie, we held hands, and are you ready for this?  I not only got to 3rd base, I went all the way!  And I wasn't even drunk!  The next day I told him I didn't want to be angry anymore and I was ready to forgive him.  I really hope this is a turning point in our relationship and we can remember what it was like to be in love.  Ahhhhh, that's amore!
Oh, but don't worry, I am still going to torture him and plan malevolent pranks to inflict upon him, however they will all be conceived and orchestrated with love!  As Mr. Burns would say,"Exxccellent."

6 comments:

BabyonBored said...

Score, bitch! I'm glad you're feeling better about things. I like seeing you cheerier! And happy birthday!!!

Mamma Schmoo said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it awesome when a day turns out exactly the opposite of what you expected? And gettin' a little sump'n sump'n doesn't hurt either!!

Kyddryn said...

Sweet! Good onya!

If you figure out whatever it was that helped you change your mind, may I have some, too? I'd really like to love my husband again.

Oh, and, umm...

Hippo birdy, two ewes
Hippo birdy, two ewes
Hippo birdy, deer ewe,
Hippo birdy, two ewes!

Blondie said...

Thank you for the bday love! I feel so lucky to have cyber-met ya'll!

Aunt Becky said...

I'm glad you're finding your peace. It's important.

And Happy Birthday (late as it may be).

MereCat said...

What a good birthday! So glad for the great makeup sex. I'm anticipating some "finally got the tree outta my house" sex.